This article is a translated version of an article originally brought in Markedsføring, written by Susanne Ingemann
Seven distinguished statues was the grand total count for Denmark at yesterday's Cannes Corporate Media & TV Awards - also known as "the World Cup for Corporate Films" - and it was LEGO, Søstrene Grene, Novozymes and not least M2Film receiving all the glory.
In the end, Denmark received two gold awards, four silver awards, and then a special award was given to M2Film who for the second year in a row ran away with the title of Global Production Company of the Year.
Two of the awards - one gold and one silver - was awarded to the Netflix documentary "LEGO House - Home of the Brick" in the categories Web Documentaries and Lifestyle, Art, Music & Culture, while one more gold statue was awarded to LEGO Classic's "Creative Storytelling" campaign in the category Social Media & Short Videos.
And it was certainly not just the LEGO brand having a party yesterday.
A poetic film from Søstrene Grene, "The wonderful world of Anna and Clara", took home two silver statues in the categories Marketing Communication - B2C and Corporate Videos, and a recruitment film from Novozymes was awarded with a silver statue in the category Human Resources.
The winning films are all developed and produced by M2Film who continue to ride the wave of success from last year's show in Cannes.
Here they collaborated with A.P. Moller-Maersk to win the much-coveted Grand Prix award for "The Heart of Trade" campaign, in addition to winning the title of Global Production Company of the Year, the award that the film wizards from Aarhus with much excitement won once more this year.
Exultation at LEGO House
"LEGO House - Home of the Brick", which was launched globally on Netflix at the end of June, takes us behind the scenes of the massively comprehensive construction of the LEGO House, a 12,000 m2 large experience center filled with 25 million LEGO bricks.
And the result in Cannes most certainly was cause for celebration within the LEGO House team who during these very days are celebrating the impressive building's 1-year birthday with a ton of activities.
Jesper Vilstrup, General Manager at LEGO House, says:
- We are very excited about the film, which we believe gives a good glimpse into how every single detail of the LEGO House is thought through thoroughly, and how the house is exploding with creativity and imagination. And the fact that the international jury agrees with that is nothing less than fantastic.
At M2Film Ole Holm Christensen, Executive Producer at M2Film, also couldn't be more satisfied with the performance from all involved parties:
- It is an amazing feeling when a project like this gets this level of recognition, beyond just the expected. When more people than just the film's audience clearly appreciate the large amount of passion that has gone into our work with "Home of the Brick" and with the LEGO brand in general, he says.
A recap of the winning films from Denmark:
- Gold to LEGO House for Lego House – Home of the Brick in Web Documentaries
- Silver to LEGO House for Lego House – Home of the Brick in Lifestyle, Art, Music & Culture
- Gold to LEGO Classic for Creative Storytelling in Social Media & Short Videos
- Silver to Søstrene Grene for The wonderful world of Anna and Clara in Marketing Communication – B2C
- Silver to Søstrene Grene for The wonderful world of Anna and Clara in Corporate Videos
- Silver to Novozymes for Graduate Recruitment in Human Resources
And a Blue Dolphin statue to M2Film for earning the title of Global Production Company of the Year.